FAQs: Business Organization & Transactions
- What are the advantages and disadvantages for nonprofit, tax-exempt status?
- What are the possible consequences of personal liability for business debts and obligations?
- What are the differences between C- and S-corporations?
- How will your business be known?
- What should you know before you decide to breach a contract?
- What are the differences between an asset purchase and a stock purchase of a business?
- How is a public offering structured?
- What should you understand about accounting when you start your business?
- Why should you contact an attorney before starting a business?
- How do various forms of business operate?
- What entities can professionals use to start their businesses?
- What business forms should businesses consider when seeking investors?
- Preparing for Citizenship Test
- Free On-line English Language Training
- Diversity Lottery information
- Tips from the U.S. State Department for Student Visas
- On-line case inquiry and processing dates
- How do I find the "prevailing wage"?
- How do I find a Civil Surgeon for Medical Exam?
- Social Security & Entering the United States of America
Embassy Information, Travel, Passport:
- Links to all embassies and consulates worldwide
- U.S. passport application information
- Download Form DS-156
On-Line Legal Resources:
- General index of law resources to search the web for laws, regulations, pending legislation, law reviews, etc
- Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ) of the U.S. Government
- Dictionary of Occupational Titles (DOT/O*Net)
Contact Elected U.S. officials:
- U.S. Citizenship & Immigration Services
- Monthly Visa Bulletin from the U.S. Department of State
- U.S. Department of Justice - Executive Office of Immigration Review
- U.S. Department of Labor
Asylum & Country Condition Reports / Human Rights:
- World Fact Book (CIA)
- Amnesty International
- Human Rights Watch
- U.S. Department of State Human Rights Reports