Kenneth J. RobinsonPartner
Toll Free: 800-296-8479
250 E Broad St, #250
Columbus, Ohio 43215
- Founding member of Slowik & Robinson since 2003. Immigration law practitioner since 1998.
- With 15 years of business and immigration law experience, Mr. Robinson is expert in the full gamut of business and family immigration matters, including alien labor certification (“PERM”) and the employment-based green card process; H-1B, TN (NAFTA), L-1A and L-1B visas. O. P, E-1, E-2, and family-based immigration matters (K-1, hardship waivers, and family-based adjustment of status), as well as experience in facilitating business travel of foreign staff or visitors to the U.S. Also, he counsels employers and non-immigration co-counsel on e-Verify and I-9 compliance issues.
- Mr. Robinson is a graduate of The Ohio State University Moritz College of Law (J.D.) and Miami University, Oxford (B.A. in Diplomacy and Foreign Affairs, cum laude). His international education and experience includes the Ecole Superior de Commerce De Nantes Atlantique in Nantes, France; the John E. Dolibois European Center in Luxembourg; and the Directorate of Human Rights in Strasbourg, France.
- An entertaining speaker, Mr. Robinson is often sought out and quoted on topical immigration issues in publications such as the Columbus Dispatch, Columbus Business First, and The Daily Reporter. He has given immigration law presentations to the Ohio State and Columbus Bar Associations, the Employers Resource Association, university groups and clubs, local Chambers of Commerce, Rotary Clubs, social service and other business groups
- Since 2003, Mr. Robinson has served as Special Counsel on immigration law matters to the Office of the Ohio Attorney General. He has also, since 2003, served as Adjunct Professor of Immigration & Nationality Law in the Capital University Paralegal Program. He has repeatedly been recognized as a “Rising Star in Immigration Law” and is a Past President of the Board of Trustees of Community Refugee Immigration Services in Columbus and currently serves as Board Member to the Columbus Literacy Council. He is a longstanding member of the American Immigration Lawyers Association.
- Mr. Robinson is also certified by the National Hockey League Players Association as a Player Representative and works with a sports agency, Edge Sports Management (Pound Ridge, NY) in related matters.
J.D., The Ohio State University College of Law, Columbus, Ohio, 1998
Honors: FLAS (Foreign Language and Area Studies) Fellowship
Major: International Trade and Development
B.A., Miami University, Oxford, Ohio, 1994
Columbus State Bar Association
Ohio State Bar Association
American Immigration Lawyers Association
"Best Lawyers Consumer Guide", Immigration Law
"Ohio Rising Star Super Lawyer for 2005", Law and Politics
Council of Europe, Directorate of Human Rights, Intern
Hon. Sandra Beckwith, United States District Court for the Southern District of Ohio, Judicial Extern
President, Board of Trustees, Community Refugee Immigration Services